Walk, run, blade, bike or skip your way along the beautiful and mighty Mississippi!

Our party starts at 5pm with a pile of fun activities for the whole family! Live music and food/ beverages included. Enjoy an awesome run with plenty of time to watch the sun slowly set over the beautiful Mississippi.

Families with 2-4 participants $10
5-8 participants $20
9-12 participants $30

Date:

Friday, May 11th

Schedule:

Family Fun Activities
5:00pm

The YMCA Warm-Up!
5:45 pm 

1K "Little Wave" Fun Run Presented by El-Jay Plumbing & Heating 
6:00pm

Wells Fargo Mississippi Move and Groove 5K/2 Mile
6:15 pm

Cool Down - Finish Line Festival!
Beverages by Bernick's, live music, food & fun!

Register Now!

FAQs

On the Course

How far is a 5K?

About 3.1 miles.

May I walk the 5K?

You may walk, skip, stroll, jog and run as long as you have a great time! However, we do ask that you start in a later heat if you will be walking.

What should I Wear?

On May 11th, the temperature in St Cloud, MN typically ranges from 50°F to 60°F so please dress accordingly! If you register EARLY, You can score a FREE shirt that you can wear to the event! 

How old do I have to be to participate?

All ages are welcomed and encouraged to participate!

Are kids allowed?

Of course they are, it's Bernick's "FAMILY" Fitness Series!

May I participate with child in stroller?

Yes. Please start at the back of the race where you’ll have more wiggle room. Inform your kids what to expect.

May I rollerblade or bike ride?

NEW FOR 2018!! The Wells Fargo Mississippi Move & Groove 5K course will be reserved for walkers, joggers and runners, please!

May I run with my friendly dog?

Because we want to keep everyone and all pets safe, we discourage having pets accompany you on the course. However, If you feel that you can keep your pet safe without interrupting other participants please use your best judgment. Thanks!

Registration

May I register the day of the event?

You bet! However, we do encourage you to register in advance at scymca.org to avoid any delays or other concerns! *please note that the free shirt is for early registration only.

When and where do I pick-up my packet?

We strongly encourage you to pick up your race packet at the St Cloud YMCA the day before the race from 4-7p.m. Please watch your email for race info the week before the race. 

May a friend pick up my race packet and vice versa?

Yes! Please make sure that your friend has your confirmation email (printed or via phone), or make sure they have their photo ID ready, so we can record their name in order to keep track of who picked up your packet. 

What if I register and can't make it?

We are sorry but the Wells Fargo Mississippi Move & Groove 5K is a non-profit event and refunds will not be issued.

What if it rains or snows?

The Wells Fargo Mississippi Move & Groove 5K is a rain (or snow) or shine event! In lieu of lightning, we will postpone the event by half-hour increments. After a 3rd lighting postponement, we will cancel the event for safety concerns. 

Do you have a race day packet pick-up?

Onsite registration opens one hour prior to the El-Jay Plumbing & Heating "Little Waves" 1K at 5 p.m.

May I run the race if I am not registered?

You may not. Everyone on the course must be registered for liability reasons. RACER BIBS MUST BE WORN in order to enter the race. Friends and family are invited to meet up on the sidelines and finish line to help cheer you on!

When is the El-Jay Plumbing & Heating "Little Waves" 1K?

The El-Jay Plumbing & Heating "Little Waves" 1K Fun Run will begin at 6:00 p.m.! 

Start and Finish Line Festival

What must I bring to the Wells Fargo Mississippi Move and Groove 5K?

Bring your numbered race bib or email confirmation to pick up your bib, shirt and other goodies. Keep valuables at home.

Where are the restrooms?

There will be portable restrooms available at our main event area. There are no restrooms along the course.

What if I lose something?

During the event, items will be given to the MC from KCLD. If not found, all items will be brought back to the YMCA front desk. Email evin.haukos@scymca.org if you lose something and want to pick it up at the YMCA.

What happens after the run?

Enjoy the fun finish line festival with refreshments from Bernick's, snacks from Coborn's, prizes and hearty congratulations for your accomplishments.

Pot O' Gold 5K 2016 Photo Gallery

MSMoveAndGroove2016Smile.jpgMSMoveAndGroove2016Medals.jpgMSMoveAndGroove2016Bikes.jpgMSMoveAndGroove2016RunningKids.jpgMSMoveAndGroove2016RunnersBacks.jpgMSMoveAndGroove2016Hippie.jpgMSMoveAndGroove2016Family.jpg